In this article, we’ll take you through some of the key app features and give you some tips on how to make the most out of the app in your day-to-day use.
In the Today view, you are able to see today’s fertility status — you should check it every day. You can also see which Cycle Day you are on, as well as an overview of the data added today and what is predicted for the coming days. Your fertility status will appear as a colored circle with additional information inside. Below the circle, you will see the weekly predictions. Please note predictions are subject to change with each day, so it’s important you check your fertility status each day rather than relying on predictions you saw previously!
Tip: if you scroll all the way down in the Today view, you can access your Cycle Insights, your go-to place to dive deep into your cycle and its characteristics, as well as the History tab, which gives you an overview of all the data added since you started using the app.
The screenshot on the left shows the Today tab for NC° Birth Control. The screenshot on the right shows the Today tab for NC° Plan Pregnancy.
Each day, log data on your Add Data page. The Add Data page should be the first page that pops up when you open the app for the first time each day. You can update your input data, such as temperature, period, or LH tests, at any time by tapping the ‘+’ icon at the bottom of the screen.
On the Add Data page, you can track your temperature, LH test results, bleeding, sex, pregnancy tests, and emergency contraception. You can also track additional symptoms, such as period flow, more types of sex, cervical mucus, sex drive, skin, pain, and different emotions. If needed, you can use the Notes section to keep track of anything else.
The screenshot on the left shows the Add Data tab for NC° Birth Control. The screenshot on the right shows the Add Data tab for NC° Plan Pregnancy.
In the Graph view (which you can access by clicking the Graph button on the top right corner of the Today view), you can see an overview of all of your temperature data that has been added for this and previous cycles. The graph is a visualization of your temperature curve, which will continue to develop as you measure throughout your cycle. Information about ovulation, period, and fertile days is also visible. Swipe from left to right to view your past cycles, and zoom in and out to compare them to each other. You can also access the Compare Mode to compare your period and cycle length, temperature variation, and ovulation, as well as the Tracker Graph to see an overview of all your added trackers during your cycles.
We recommend having a look at your graph each day after you log your temperature — doing so will help you understand how your temperature changes throughout your cycle and give you a good visual idea of where you are in your cycle. You can read more about the graph view here.
Messages are tailored to your unique cycle and are only sent if they are relevant to you. We will regularly send you important messages about your cycle in the app, so we recommend that you visit this tab whenever you receive a new message. You will be notified that a new message came in when you see a numbered badge on the Messages icon (which indicates the number of unread messages).
In the Messages tab, you will find words of encouragement, cycle statistics, fun facts, reminders, recommendations, important updates about your cycle, and much more! The messages we send are tailored to you and should hopefully help you learn more about your unique cycle, as well as Natural Cycles and women’s health in general.
The messages can also contain instructions for better use of the app, such as:
- If you enter a temperature that is unreasonably high or low, a message will inform you immediately to verify the entered temperature.
- If you enter that you had unprotected sex on a red day in the NC° Birth Control mode, it displays a cautionary message.
- An in-app message will be sent to you if your period is overdue and your temperature does not drop, as this indicates that you may be pregnant. The message will encourage you to take a pregnancy test.
- On some days, an in-app message will ask you to take an LH test. LH tests are optional to use but can help to increase the number of green days per cycle.
The Cycle Insights (accessible from the Today view by scrolling down to “See Cycle Insights”) allows you to take a deep dive into your cycle and its characteristics. For instance, you can learn more about your average ovulation day, as well as the average length of your cycle and follicular and luteal phases.
Learn more about Cycle Insights here.
The Learn tab is here to help you expand your knowledge on anything related to women’s health. You will find relevant articles from our blog Cycle Matters, as well as guides and quizzes which we recommend taking when you first start using the app. You will also find our latest Research Library articles, with the key takeaways from some of the research we’ve done to further the field of women’s health.
Some other key features
- The Calendar tab: in the Calendar tab, you can easily check the dates of your past cycles and future predictions in a calendar form. These may change over time, so you should only rely on the information provided in the “Today” view for contraceptive or pregnancy planning purposes.
- The Partner View: if you have a partner, you have the option to share your data with them, so they can be kept up to date and share the responsibility of fertility tracking. To learn more about the Partner View, visit this article.
- Refer a friend: as a Cycler, you can refer a friend and access some special rewards in return! To share your referral link, go to the top menu > Refer a friend > Share your link. Learn more about our friend referral program here.
- Buy extra supplies: if you need to top up your LH test supply, buy a new thermometer, or get some pregnancy tests, you can easily do this with a few clicks directly from the app (from the top menu > Buy Extra Supplies). You can also purchase more products from our webshop.