If you have an NC° Thermometer Gen1, follow the steps below to measure:
While the thermometer is off, place the thermometer in your mouth and under your tongue. You should place it as far back as possible, next to the root of your tongue, as depicted by the arrows in the diagram below.
- Close your mouth.
- Press the on/off button to start measuring once the thermometer is in the correct position and your mouth is closed. A short signal tone will confirm the thermometer has turned on. Try to keep still while measuring, keep your mouth closed to keep any cool air out, and breathe through your nose.
- Once the thermometer begins to beep, the measurement has been completed (the time it will take to measure will vary). You can remove the thermometer from your mouth and add your temperature to the app!
Can I save my temperature and add it to the app later?
Yes, you can! The thermometer will switch itself off automatically after approximately 10 minutes after you have measured. However, if you want to save the temperature to read it at a later time, or if the beep is disturbing you, here is what you can do:
- Turn off the thermometer when it starts beeping (when the measurement is complete).
- Turn the thermometer back on whenever you want to read the temperature – just make sure you have the lights on and are ready to read it before turning it on.
- The latest value is shown on the thermometer for only one second, together with a small “M” symbol (M=memory), before the thermometer resets to start measuring a new temperature again. Once the thermometer resets to measure a new temperature, you can no longer view your last temperature again.
⚠️ Please note: After the latest recorded temperature value is shown, the thermometer will show a reloading temperature of 37.00°C (±0.01°C, 36.99-37.01°C) or 98.60°F (±0.02°F, 98.58-98.62°F) before switching to measuring mode to begin measuring a new temperature. Do not mistake this for your recorded temperature. Remember, your last recorded temperature will show with a small “M” symbol (M=memory), which is how you can be certain it was your last temperature.
Reading the saved temperature can be re-done as many times as you wish, as long as you turn the thermometer off before it shows the reloading temperature. You can learn more about saving your temperature here.
You can always refer to the Instructions for Use for the NC° Thermometer Gen1 for any questions you have about using this thermometer.
You can use the Measuring Training and the Measuring Guide in the app to check your measuring skills.