The battery may last a long time with normal use. However, if the battery symbol is indicating a very low battery (by blinking), or if the thermometer no longer starts or beeps, then the battery needs to be changed.
If the thermometer shows LO, this doesn't mean the battery is low, but that the temperature is low. Read about it here.
When you want to change the battery, you can do the following:
- Remove the battery compartment cover from the thermometer (purple top, can be tightly sealed)
- Carefully pull the battery holder about 1 cm out of the casing
- Do not use a metal object to push the battery out of its holder
- Insert a new battery (LR41 or SR41, 1.55V) with the + sign towards the top.
- Push the battery holder back into the casing and replace the battery compartment cover. Be careful to not damage or misalign the battery holder when doing this.
- You can purchase a battery in our webshop or at your nearest store.