If the thermometer’s firmware needs to be updated, the app will notify you with a red dot on the top menu and My Device page, and you will also see the text “Update” next to the Firmware icon. If the update is critical, you will see an orange banner on the Today page along with an orange fertility status, and the Firmware icon in the My device page will be orange with the text “Update needed”.
To start the firmware update, click on Update and follow the steps shown in the app:
- Make sure your thermometer is turned off
- When the app tells you, press the Settings button on the thermometer
- Keep your thermometer and app close and wait for the update to be completed (this will take around 10 minutes)
- Keep the app open during the whole update, and do not lock your phone, click into anything else on your phone, or turn off the screen during the update (the update while running will not allow your phone to sleep, so you can leave your thermometer and phone next to each other and come back in 10 minutes to check that the update was successful)
- The app will let you know if the update was successful
Once the firmware update is complete, you need to connect the thermometer with the app again before you can sync any temperatures, and the app will let you know when to do this. To connect your thermometer, press the Settings button on the thermometer while on the My device page.
After you have completed the firmware update, you will be able to see your latest firmware version in the My device page.
What if the firmware update fails?
If the firmware update is not successful, the first thing to do is try again and make sure that you’re following the steps outlined above – the app will also show you a Try again button on the My device page. Please note that the firmware update will not complete if you lock your phone screen or leave the app, so make sure that you keep the app open during the whole update.
If you have tried again and it still doesn’t work, or if you get an error message, please contact our Support team via this link and we’ll be happy to help you.