If you want to check that you are measuring correctly, or that your thermometer is working as it should, you can use the Measuring Training function in the app. You can find this by going to the menu in the top left corner of the app > My device > Troubleshooting and help > Measuring Training.
In the Measuring Training, you will be asked to measure your temperature three times in a row. After each measurement, the temperature will automatically sync with the app.
How to measure with the NC° Thermometer Gen2 during the Measuring Training
- Turn the thermometer on by clicking on the power button and wait for it to beep and/or light up.
- Put the thermometer in your mouth, with the tip under the tongue (right at the root of the tongue). What you are aiming for is the sublingual pocket located there.
- Keep the thermometer in place and wait for it to beep and/or light up again to indicate that it’s done measuring. Try to keep still while measuring, keep your mouth closed to keep any cool air out and breathe through your nose.
- Your temperature will then appear on the thermometer screen for 60 seconds or until the temperature has synced with the app. When the temperature is synced with the app it will disappear from the thermometer screen and the thermometer will switch itself off.
- Repeat the process two more times to complete the Measuring Training.
How to interpret the results of the Measuring Training
When you're done, the app will tell you if the Measuring Training was successful or if something might be wrong with either how you measure, or the thermometer itself.
You will get one of the following results:
- Success: The thermometer is working correctly, and you should keep doing what you're doing.
- Uncertain result: You should re-do the Measuring Training. Make sure you follow the instructions and measure correctly and in the same way all three times. The second time you complete this Measuring Training after getting an "uncertain" result, you should either get "success" or "unsuccessful".
- Unsuccessful training: When your temperature shifts more than 0.3°C or 0.54°F between the measurements, something may be up with the way you're measuring. Make sure to follow the above instructions and try again.
- Defective thermometer: The algorithm detected that your thermometer is faulty and should be replaced. The app will urge you forward to the next steps to ensure that you have a working one. If you have any questions about your faulty thermometer, do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team.