I’m new to Natural Cycles and want to use it with the Oura Ring
- You first need to sign up to Natural Cycles to access the Oura integration through this link.
- Log into the Natural Cycles app and you will be automatically directed to the connection flow to set up syncing between Natural Cycles and your Oura Account.
- Important: when you’re asked to log into the Oura Cloud, please make sure to use the email address that’s associated with your Oura account (even if this email address is different from the email used for Natural Cycles).
If you have worn your Oura Ring overnight for some time, as a new Natural Cycles user, only the temperatures added after the earliest period you provided in the Natural Cycles app will be taken into account by the Natural Cycles algorithm. Note: if you recently quit hormonal birth control, the algorithm will sync data from the date you quit hormonal birth control instead.
The Natural Cycles app doesn’t receive any period data from your Oura App, so you always have to log your period in the NC app directly. You can learn more about this here. If you are an iOS user, you can sync past data from Apple Health. We write more about that here.
I’m already a Natural Cycles user and want to use it with Oura Ring
If you’re transitioning from using Natural Cycles with a thermometer to using Natural Cycles with an Oura Ring, please note:
- You won’t be able to enter thermometer temperatures after you connect to your Oura account, so we suggest you connect after your ring has arrived and at the start of your next period.
- Switching at the start of your next period will make for a smoother transition with fewer red days and will allow you to continue to use Natural Cycles with your thermometer until the beginning of your next cycle.
- The day you switched to the Oura Ring will be marked in the Graph view with a vertical line alongside a ring symbol.
- The Natural Cycles app will only import Oura data starting from the date when you switched your device to the Oura Ring in the app. You can learn more about this here.
- The algorithm will still have access to your previous data, but it may need some time to adjust to the new device. You may get more red days as a result, but this should adjust after a full cycle. We write more about how switching from the thermometer to Oura affects your data here.
Here’s how to get started with the Oura Ring:
1. If you don’t have an Oura Ring yet, you can purchase it from the Natural Cycles app by going to the top menu > Buy extra supplies > Claim my Oura offer.
2. To set up the Oura integration from your already existing Natural Cycles account, tap the top menu > My device > Connect Oura account.
3. Important: when you’re asked to log into the Oura Cloud, please make sure to use the email address that is associated with your Oura account (even if this email address is different from the email used for Natural Cycles).
To find out how to sync your Oura temperature trends to the NC° app, visit this article.