If you encounter issues while syncing your Oura temperature trend data to the Natural Cycles app, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
1. Ensure that you’re using the correct email address for your Oura account
If you’ve never managed to sync temperature trends from Oura to Natural Cycles, it may be that you used the wrong email address to authenticate your Oura account.
When connecting your Oura account to the Natural Cycles app, you’re asked to log into the Oura Cloud. There, you should enter the email address that you used to create your Oura account. You can see which email address is attached to your Oura account in the Settings page in the Oura App.
Note: it’s okay if the email address used for Oura is different from the address used for Natural Cycles – you just need to make sure you log in with the correct Oura account to the Oura Cloud for Natural Cycles to receive your Oura temperature trend data.
If you used the wrong email address, please follow these steps:
- Delete and reinstall the Natural Cycles app.
- Go to the Oura Cloud website (from the device you use the Oura app on) and log out from the Oura account.
- Go through the authentication process again from the Natural Cycles app (top menu > My Device > Connect Oura account). Please ensure that you use the email address that’s connected to your Oura account.
2. Check that the connection is still active
To check that your Oura Ring is still connected to your Natural Cycles account, go to the menu in the top left corner > Settings > My Device, and check if it says 'Connected' under 'Connect with Oura'.
If this is not connected, you can connect with Oura again by pressing on ‘Connect with Oura’ and following the instructions there. Note: If your Oura Ring disconnects, there will be a warning sign in the Today view.
3. Check to see if you have the latest app versions and ring firmware
It's always good practice to make sure your Oura App and your Oura Ring firmware are updated to the latest available versions (as well as the NC° app).
4. Try backing up your Oura data
If the syncing takes too long, you can try backing up your Oura data. You can do so by going into the Settings page in the Oura App and click on ‘Backup all data’. This should quickly send Oura data to the Natural Cycles app.
5. Not enough data
If you see the text ‘Not enough data’ in your Add Data page after you’ve tried to sync, this means that your Oura Ring didn’t collect enough data. This may happen if you didn’t wear the ring during the night, if your ring was not positioned correctly on your finger, or if the ring ran out of battery. Learn more here.
Who to contact when the troubleshooting steps don’t work:
|Natural Cycles' support team (here)|
Oura’s support team (here)