Several factors can affect your temperatures, such as sickness, alcohol consumption, and changes in your sleep routine. We are indicating this as a ‘EXCLUDE Temperature’, as it can skew your data and may make it difficult to properly narrow down your fertile window.
If you have any of these or similar symptoms, and still wish to add your temperature in the app - you should always manually mark it as an ‘excluding temp.' The app will also automatically detect very high temperatures and mark them as excluding, you will notice this as the temperature will have a strikethrough.
An excluding temperature is not taken into account by the algorithm behind the Natural Cycles app to calculate your fertility status. So, the more 'normal' temperatures you enter, the better your green day ratio are likely to be.
Most common reasons for an excluding temperature:
• You have been awake recently, such as snoozing your alarm or your partner waking you up earlier than your alarm
• You woke up or fell asleep later/earlier than usual, such as on the weekend
• You have slept very poorly, such as nightmares or restless sleep
Other common factors:
• More than 2 glasses of alcoholic beverages during the night before
• Getting out of bed for water during the night.
We will also ask you the reason for why you're marking this temperature as an ‘excluding temp.' What you choose will also be put as a comment/notes for Today if you don't already have a comment for the day.