Several factors can affect your temperatures, such as sickness, alcohol consumption, and changes in your sleep routine. If:
- You have slept more than 2h more/less than usual
- You have already snoozed your alarm
- You have slept very poorly, or been awake in the last 4h
- You have had more than two alcoholic beverages the night before
- You have already gotten out of bed
These are all reasons that could affect your temperature. It is best to mark your temperature for these instances as 'EXCLUDE TEMPERATURE,' or it can skew your data and may make it difficult to narrow down your fertile window accurately.
The app will also automatically detect unusual temperatures for your cycle and mark them as excluded; you will notice this as the temperature will have a strikethrough.
An excluded temperature is not taken into account by the algorithm behind the Natural Cycles app to calculate your fertility status. So, the more 'normal' temperatures you enter, the better your green day ratio is likely to be.
Most common reasons for an excluding a temperature:
- You have been awake recently, such as snoozing your alarm or your partner waking you up earlier than your alarm
- You woke up or fell asleep later/earlier than usual, such as on the weekend
- You have slept very poorly, such as nightmares or restless sleep
- More than two glasses of alcoholic beverages during the night before
- Getting out of bed for water during the night.
We will also ask you the reason for why you're marking this temperature as an 'excluded temp.' What you choose will also be put as a comment/notes for Today if you don't already have a comment for the day.