Several factors can affect your temperatures, such as sickness, alcohol consumption, and changes in your sleep routine. For these instances, it is best to exclude your temperature. Otherwise, this can skew your data and may make it difficult for the algorithm to narrow down your fertile window accurately.
In general, your temperature can be affected by the following reasons:
- You have slept 2h more/less than usual
- You have already snoozed your alarm
- You have slept very poorly, or been awake in the last 4h
- You have had more than two alcoholic beverages the night before
- You have already gotten out of bed
- You feel sick
The app will also automatically detect unusual temperatures for your cycle and mark them as excluded; you will notice this as the temperature will have a strikethrough.
An excluded temperature is not taken into account by the algorithm to calculate your fertility status. For that reason, the more 'normal' temperatures you enter, the better your green day ratio is likely to be.
Most common reasons for excluding a temperature:
- You have been awake recently, such as snoozing your alarm or your partner waking you up earlier than your alarm
- You woke up or fell asleep later/earlier than usual, such as on the weekend
- You have slept very poorly, such as nightmares or restless sleep
- You have had more than two glasses of alcoholic beverages the night before
When excluding your temperature, you can enter the temperature on the 'Add Data' page and then choose to exclude it by selecting one of the 3 following reasons: 'Sick', 'Slept differently', and 'Hungover'.