Why should you update your Natural Cycles app to the latest version?
Soon we are saying goodbye to our lovely v2 of the app. The good news is that by making a few small changes on your device, you will still be able to continue using the Natural Cycles app by following the steps provided in this article.
Reasons why we recommend updating your app:
- Great new features such as the “Compare Cycles, upgraded My Cycles Tab (previously statistics), Ovulation view and prediction, etc”
- New and improved UI
- Updated and improved colour-scheme
- Offline Mode
To know whether or not the latest version of the app will be supported on your device, please refer to a few of the requirements to have the Natural Cycles app installed on your current device.
- At least iOS 10 installed on your Apple device
- At least Android 5 mobile operating system
Reasons why the app may currently not be supported on your device:
It may be that your operating system is currently out of date. If this is the case and it is possible, you might want to try and update this. If you want to update your Android device and are unsure how to, please follow this link for a guide on how to (https://support.google.com/android/answer/7680439?hl=en) and for our Apple users, please follow this link (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204)
Everything is updated, what is next?
Once you have updated your operating system on your Android or Apple device, you can re-download or update your Natural Cycles app to the latest version either in the Google Play Store (Android) or in the App Store (Apple)
Still not able to update your Natural Cycles app?
If you continue to experience any problems or technical errors after trying all of the above, then please reach out to our Support team and provide the following, so that we can assist you as swiftly as possible. You can reach out to them here
- Software version (for example Android 8 or iOS 11)
- Device version (for example Samsung 8 or iPhone 7)
- Provide any relevant screenshots that may help us.
- Have you updated your phone (the latest possible operating system for your device? Have you tried deleting and re-downloading the app?)