Usually, Natural Cycles users measure their temperature first thing in the morning with a 2-decimal sensitive basal thermometer. Using the Oura ring instead means that temperature measurements are taken continuously throughout the night. This is then run through an algorithm that will calculate your basal body temperature from this data.
The Oura ring is a smart device that uses advanced sensor technology, providing both accuracy and comfort without compromise. It can measure heart rate, heart rate variability, temperature, activity, and sleep quality. Beyond tracking sleep and activity insights in the Oura app, using the Oura ring with Natural Cycles unlocks insights into your cycle, body, and fertility.
- Sync your Oura Ring with the Oura app. Make sure to have your Oura app open for a few minutes so that the data from the night is synced to the Oura cloud as soon as possible. The delay may otherwise be a few hours.
- Your readings will then automatically sync with your Natural Cycles app as soon as they are in the Oura Cloud. When your reading registers, the Natural Cycles app will show the time at which you synced with Oura.
- Syncing your ring to the Oura Cloud and then syncing Natural Cycles with Oura Cloud to retrieve your data can take roughly five minutes altogether.
- Open your Natural Cycles app and add any other data – such as bleeding, sex, LH test results, cervical mucus, sex drive, pain, feelings, and notes.
- Check your Today view in the Natural Cycles app to see your updated fertility status for the day.
- You never need to exclude temperatures coming from the Oura Ring for any reason - our algorithms take care of that for you!
If you have any issues completing these steps successfully, please click here to see our article about when the algorithm may exclude or adjust your Oura temperature readings.